Carpooling hub - English version
Scheda informativa per l'utenza "Cittadini"
Box accesso cittadini
The service is not available for ordinary maintenance.
- citizens looking for a carpooling ride, to share car journey among privates on the same route.
- public administrations promoting sustainable mobility
- carpooling website managers wishing to increase the visibility of their offer
- in general, website managers interested in the use of carpooling
OPTICITIES is a research project funded by the European Union in the framework of the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Development to support EU cities in the experimentation of Intelligent Transport Systems solutions for the mobility of goods and people, with particular attention to intermodality and soft mobility (bicycle and pedestrian mobility) and shared (carpooling, car sharing public transport) modes.
To disseminate the use of carpooling, to promote sustainable mobility and reduce transport costs.
How it works
Carpooling hub is designed for aggregating data from different carpooling sites to make car rides offer and demand among privates meet.
Through Carpooling hub it is possible to find with a single search, the most appropriate travel solution among the many ride offers proposed on different carpooling sites, without consulting them one by one, also specifying a selected time frame and distance from the point of departure and arrival.
The Carpooling hub can be consulted by PC, tablet and smartphone.
- citizens: it simplifies and speeds up the search for a ride on a private car.
- public administrations: it offers, for free, the possibility to promote carpooling within their territory, complying with transparency and competition regulations. It is sufficient to include the Carpooling hub widget on the institutional website or on sites dedicated to tourism, transport and sustainable mobility.
- carpooling website managers: the Carpooling hub is a ‘shop window’ that offers greater visibility to the ride offers of the single website.
- website managers: universities, businesses, event organisers, bloggers can all promote the use of carpooling including the free widget in their site.
Carpooling hub uses the data voluntarily provided by carpooling website managers. To access the details of each single proposed solution, users are redirected to the carpooling site on which the ride offer is published.
Carpooling hub is not responsible for the content in the car pooling portals that participate in the project, nor for eventual interruptions or malfunctioning of the portals. Carpooling hub declines all responsibility for mistakes or damages that may occur using the proposed solutions. Please, notify us in case of eventual anomalies, as we aim to improve the service.
Add a ride
If you want to share a ride on your ride, enter the information on your ride in one of the services that participate in Carpooling hub:
Your ride will appear among the Carpooling hub search results.
Request the free widget
A widget and some web buttons were developed, and they are freely usable by public administrations and professionals that want to promote the use of carpooling as a sustainable transport mode.
Request them via e-mail at email@example.com specifying on which site they will be published and what you would like to receive (widget, small or big rectangular button, round button).
Are you a carpooling website manager?
All the car pooling website managers can freely join the initiative to increase the visibility of their portal.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do The Right Mix Sustainable Urban Mobility
- European Union - Transport policies
- EPOMM - European Platform of Mobility Management
- ELTIS - European Local Transport Information Service
Euromobility - italian Mobility Manager Association
- Euromobility – Guidelines on Homw-Work Transfer Plans (pdf 395 Kb)
- OPTICITIES project
- European initiative for sustainable mobility
- European Mobility Week
For further information or remarks, please contact email@example.com